Before we listed our house up for sale I packed away some clutter and stowed it away in my sisters garage, preparing our home for potential buyers. With that, I packed away all of our seasonal decor. I guess I was a little more confident in the time it would take for my house to sell, because now it's that time of the year and all of my decorations are in a different town. Sad face. I'm still holding out hope that I can unpack my Christmas tree in whatever new house we get (crosses fingers). So along with that, I have held myself back from buying any new decor, because at this point, it will just get separated from the other stuff, get lost, be SOMETHING ELSE to pack away. Therefore, thinking with that logic, I bought a whole bunch of stuff to make a Halloween wreath.
I was actually at the dollar store buying storage containers to pack things in, ironic, no? I meandered around the holiday stuff, and it's only just a few bucks? And I need a new craft to do? And it will just hang on my door? SO $16 later I had all that I needed for a cute new halloween wreath!
Ever since we've been married and have lived in small towns (people that think Woodward is a small town, please!) I am frequent flyer of the dollar store, now even when I am in a larger town. You can find some good stuff, depending on what you are looking for! The frame I used was the 12 inch frame and I used two spools of the purple decorative mesh and two spools of the orange, black dotted ribbon. If you had a bigger frame you would definitely need more than that! There are tutorials in how to make these bubble wreaths all over pinterest, so I won't be pretending like I figured it out myself. I used this tutorial and overall the process is pretty simple once you get the hang of it.
I ended up with this and I was pretty proud of myself! Now to add the fun stuff!
I really just tried to find a bald spot in the mesh/ribbon mix and hot-glued my glittery accessories down.
For my lettering, I already had these green letters I got at the thrift store for $0.50, just waiting to put them to use, but because they were from the thrift store I was missing several letters I needed. I got a little creative with cutting some of them up, but it was pretty obvious so I covered them with elmer's glue and green glitter.
I hot glued those babies on, and was finished!
I've made several wreaths before and out of much more pricey hobby lobby materials. I'm pretty sure this one is my favorite! Hopefully I will stick to my self-made decorating rule this holiday season, but this makes me pretty happy!